Bangor, Maine – UMaine-Farmington's baseball team opened the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) playoffs with a 10-1 loss to Husson University on Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gavin Arsenault started on the mound for the Beavers, giving up five hits in four innings with four runs and six strikeouts.
- Patrick Fallon threw an inning and a third, followed by Kevin Carter for a1.2 innings with Cole Lockhart closing out the game for the Beavers.
- Justin Rodrigue went 2-4 at the plate as Zach Hartsgrove went 1-3 with one RBI.
- Jake Bessey, Kevin Carter, Derek Bowen, and Ryan Simard each tallied a hit for the Beavers.
- Brandon Brunell threw 5.1 innings for the Eagles, giving up six hits and one earned run with two strikeouts. Ben Bernier went 1.2 innings as Jacob Gauvin and Nolan Dousa each threw one inning.
- Ethan Stoddard went 1-3 with two RBI followed by Alex Chapman who also notched two RBI after going 1-4 at the plate.
- Kobe Rogerson went 3-4 with two RBI and one run.
The Beavers will play the loser of NVU-Lyndon and Thomas College tomorrow.