Weston, Mass. – UMaine-Farmington's softball team split a doubleheader against Newbury College on Thursday afternoon.
Game One (W, 7-3)
- Brianna McGrath picks up the win for the Beavers after throwing seven innings, giving up five hits with three earned runs and two strikeouts.
- Haley Holt led the Beavers at the plate after going 1-3 with two RBI's as Makayla Wilson went 2-5 with one RBI and one run.
- Leah Stevens went 2-3 with one RBI as Hope Faulkingham went 1-3 with one run and one RBI.
- Kailyn Hill went 2-4 with two runs and one RBI.
- Kiana Hinson started on the mound for the Nighthawks, going four innings, giving up nine hits and six earned runs with one strikeout. Hannah Besaw threw three innings, giving up one hits with three strikeouts.
- Noelle Sass went 2-2 with one RBI and one run as Caroline Mahoney went 1-3 with two RBI's
Game Two (L, 7-6)
- Kailyn Hill threw six innings for the Beavers, giving up 11 hits with seven earned runs.
- Alyssa Dillan went 2-4 at the plate with two RBI's as Haley Holt and Kayleigh Oberg each combined for two RBI's and four runs.
- Hope Faulkingham went 1-2 with one RBI as Makayla Wilson went 2-4 at the plate.
- Hannah Besaw threw seven innings, giving up 10 hits with four earned runs.
- Ambur Leczel went 2-4 with two RBI's and two runs as Cameron LeClaire went 2-3 with one RBI and one run.
- Arianna Gooden went 2-4 with two RBI's alongside Elizabeth Duanys went 2-3 with one RBI and one run.
The Beavers will travel to Thomas College on Saturday for a doubleheader starting at 1:00 PM.